What do you feel is the best time to bake? Well honestly all times are the best time to bake , but morning baking is my FAV
You know the whole staying up late night , searching the multitudes of recipes on the internet to decide what tasty treat should you whip up , drooling, finding something you Absolutely Have To make and then falling into deep slumber. Well, I waste no time mulling over such things.
Wake up, find recipe, cuppa tea in one hand and a whisk in another. Chop chop chop.
So yesterday I found this amazing blog called Averie Cooks . Since yeast is my current obsession I head straight to her yeasted breads section and guess what I found ! Cinnamon buns * well that wasn't a tough guess considering that's exactly what the title says. Maybe I should work on building up the mystery . But chopchopchop*
Anywhoo she had an overnight cinnamon bun recipe and an instant 1 hour one. Guess which one impatient Soph picked *Yay . I kinda got the mystery part right*
Why This Recipe Stole My Heart ( just by reading , I hadn't baked it yet)
- 1 hour stuff. No long waiting
- No eggs. Although I don't have issues with eggs, I know a bunch of people who do . So it's always nicer to include them in food tasting
- Cinnamon ! I <3 cinnamon. I can sprinkle that goodness on all foods ever
- CinnamonBun! from Adventure Time -My favourtie cartoon.Yes I'm an Adult . Yes I watch Adventure time , and Futurama. But you must understand how deep these cartoons are. its about life and so many things that come with it . All the hardships, the lessons, the love. Something a person any age can relate to.
That being said I faced certain difficulties regarding the dough . It was quiet sticky and just couldn't hold it together. I was afraid that adding too much flour would make it very chewy , so just worked my way around the dough .With a few changes and faith in the God of Baked Goods, everything worked out great!Oh itssooooooyummy , you're gonna want seconds and thirds and fourths.
My search for cinnalove does not end here, but it's a great place to start , and satiate instant cravings.
|Spread the dough, spread some butter|
|Srpinkle some sugars|
|Rolled and cut|
|Lovely and baked|
I did a Google search on cinnamon buns and found some fun paraphernalia( I don't know why I'm doing this , but it's interesting!)
Cinnamon Bun Latte (yummy yummy)
Cinnamon Roll cake flavour (I own it. It smells like heaven dipped in maple syrup)
Here's the Original Recipe. I omitted the cream cheese Icing cuz well, don't wanna OD on sugar just yet. But you totally can!
Kay now Bakey time
Cinnamon Buns *egg free*
3 cup flour
1 cup buttermilk(I didnt have buttermilk so I took 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/3rd cup milk and remaining water)
1 tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence(this is optional but always a great choice)
50 gm softened Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup White sugar
1 stick cinnamon ( variable.depends on how much cinna does your palette craves)
- Mix yeast & 1 tbsp sugar in 2 tbsp warm( 30-40 C) water . Let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Take all the dough ingredients along with yeast and mix. Now knead a lil ,cover and let it rise for 1 hour.(till doubles in size)
- Sprinkle a cling wrap sheet with powdered sugar.
- Spread the dough on the sheet to make a rectangle of around 1 cm thickness.
- Spread the butter on the dough. leave a 1/4 inch margin on the sides
- Blitz together the sugars and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of the butter. Reserve 2 tbsp.
- Roll the dough . Cut in 1 inch thick slices .Place in a cake-pan.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining sugar cinnamon mix
- Cover and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 180C
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes , untill a fork inserted comes out clean
Let it stand for 10 minutes after. There are buttery juices at the bottom that your buns need to soak up.
Now cut and devour.