Sunday 18 May 2014

Sunday Morning Cinnamon Buns *No eggs required*

What do you feel is the best time to bake? Well honestly all times are the best time to bake , but morning baking is my FAV
You know the whole staying up late night , searching the multitudes of recipes on the internet to decide what tasty treat should you whip up , drooling, finding something you Absolutely Have To make and then falling into deep slumber. Well, I waste no time mulling over such things.
Wake  up, find recipe, cuppa tea in one hand and a whisk in another. Chop chop chop. 

So yesterday I found this amazing blog called Averie Cooks . Since yeast is my current obsession I head straight to her yeasted breads section and guess what I found ! Cinnamon buns * well that wasn't a tough guess considering that's exactly what the title says. Maybe I should work on building up the mystery . But chopchopchop*
Anywhoo she had an overnight cinnamon bun recipe and an instant 1 hour one. Guess which one impatient Soph picked *Yay . I kinda got the mystery part right*


Why This Recipe Stole My Heart ( just by reading , I hadn't baked it yet)
  • 1 hour stuff. No long waiting
  • Yeast. 
  • No eggs. Although I don't have issues with eggs, I know a bunch of people who do . So it's always nicer to include them in food tasting
  • Cinnamon ! I <3 cinnamon. I can sprinkle that goodness on all foods ever 
  • CinnamonBun!  from Adventure Time -My favourtie cartoon.Yes I'm an Adult . Yes I watch Adventure time , and Futurama. But you must understand how deep these cartoons are. its about life and so many things that come with it . All the hardships, the lessons, the love. Something a person any age can relate to.



That being said I faced certain difficulties regarding the dough . It was quiet sticky and just couldn't hold it together. I was afraid that adding too much flour would make it very chewy , so just worked my way around the dough .With a few changes and faith in the God of Baked Goods, everything worked out great!Oh itssooooooyummy , you're gonna want seconds and thirds and fourths.
My search for cinnalove does not end here, but it's a great place to start , and satiate instant cravings.
Dough Ingredients 

Spread the dough, spread some butter

Srpinkle some sugars

Rolled and cut

Lovely and baked

I did a Google search on cinnamon buns and found some fun paraphernalia( I don't know why I'm doing this , but it's interesting!)
Cinnamon Bun Latte (yummy yummy)
Cinnamon Roll cake flavour (I own it. It smells like heaven dipped in maple syrup)

Here's the Original Recipe. I omitted the cream cheese Icing cuz well, don't wanna OD on sugar just yet. But you totally can!

Kay now Bakey time

Cinnamon Buns *egg free*

Ingredients

Dough:

3 cup flour
1 cup buttermilk(I didnt have buttermilk so I took 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/3rd cup milk and remaining water)
1 tsp dry active yeast
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla essence(this is optional but  always a great choice)

Filling:

50 gm softened Butter
1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup White sugar
1 stick cinnamon ( variable.depends on how much cinna does your palette craves)

Method

  • Mix yeast & 1 tbsp sugar in 2 tbsp warm( 30-40  C) water . Let it stand for 15 minutes.
  • Take all the dough ingredients along with yeast and mix. Now knead a lil ,cover and let it rise for 1 hour.(till doubles in size)
  • Sprinkle a cling wrap sheet with powdered sugar. 
  • Spread the dough on the sheet to make a rectangle of around 1 cm thickness.
  • Spread the butter on the dough. leave a 1/4 inch margin on the sides
  • Blitz together the sugars and cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly on top of the butter. Reserve 2 tbsp.
  • Roll the dough . Cut in 1 inch thick slices .Place in a cake-pan.
  • Sprinkle the top with remaining sugar cinnamon mix 
  • Cover and let it rise for 20 minutes.
  • Meanwhile preheat oven to 180C
  • Bake for 30 -35 minutes , untill a fork inserted comes out clean
Let it stand for 10 minutes after. There are buttery juices at the bottom that your buns need to soak up.
Now cut and devour.







No comments:

Post a Comment